I do not know the versions below version 2.3.4 Android (Gingerbread), but from what I've read, it's pretty hard to take a screenshot (screen capture) under these versions of Android.
Apparently, need to be root and install an application to do!
For those who don't know, here is therefore a tip to take screenshots on Android for free, without being root, and without installing applications! But you need to be at version Android 2.3.4 or higher…
To check your version of Android:
- Go to your applications list
- Go to settings
- Go to A connection of your phone
- Then in software information
Now you know what version is your android smartphone!
For the screenshot, here's how to proceed:
- Press the power button and hold
- Press once on the button home (located below your screen)
- Release your power button
- screenshot is saved in your photo that is on your SD card folder: "dcim"
And here it is as simple as that! ;-)