Previously, I had already tested the USB wifi WF – R6: Test / reviews: key USB adapter Wifi (inbound and outbound) and Bluetooth, Aukey WF – R4 and R6 – WF
As a reminder, this USB dongle allowed to add Wifi to your computer, with speeds up to 867Mbps in 5 GHz or 300Mbps in 2, 4 GHz.
With the WF – R12, more advanced version, you can theoretically go up to 1300Mbps in 5 GHz or 450Mbps in 2.4 GHz!
Dongle USB Wifi Aukey WF – R12
This version, the evolution of the WF – R6, does not have the same design: all too imposing, the black is still more discreet without the presence of orange plastic and a single solid color:
On the other hand, you lose the tie strap.
But in return, it gains in speed!
- 2.4 GHz, we go from 300 to 450 Mbps
- In 5 GHz, we go from 867 to 1300 Mbps
So from the AC1200, we move to 1750! A speed gain on which you spit on it!
And of course (and fortunately), Aukey kept the best of the WF – R6 and has improved it:
- The design is more discreet (which is not displease me)
- The speed is increased
- Always as easy to install and use
- Always wide compatibility: Windows10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista (32 bit 64 bit)
- And we don't lose any function: sharing wifi is still present, the wps also button
In short? We take the WF – R6 and it makes it more discreet, but also more quick flow level: what more?
Dongle USB Wifi Aukey WF – R5
This dongle, I like it because it's a dongle that is discreet (despite its antenna) behind a pc Tower.
Like the other Aukey wifi usb dongle, the features remain quite similar:
- Compatible IEEE 802.11ac and approval of IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802. 11 g
- Speed up to 150Mbps (2.4 GHz) or 433Mbps (5 GHz)
- Compatible with the operating system Windows 10 / XP / Vista / 7/8 / 8.1, MAC and more
In short, with this dongle, you lose not in function, except the WPS button. We lose in speed, but the advantage is that the antenna is semi-dirigeable, and that the dongle thanks to its small size, despite its antenna, is still quite discreet!
Basically, you have the ability to the WF – R6 divided by 2 level speed, but we still keep the dual channel Wireless 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz! We lose the WPS button, but we gain 3dbi wifi antenna that allows to better target areas less crowded interference! On the other hand, the antenna is not omnidirectional. A shame.
But this dongle is powerful enough with its antenna: compared to the WF – R4, we still have the 5 GHz and more!
Easy installation. Very useful connected behind a tower PC, or a laptop without wifi!