This trick will allow you to play older games who walked under old OS like for example Windows Xp (or earlier) but that do not work under Windows Vista, Seven (or most recent).
This trick is pretty simple:
- install your game
- do right click on the shortcut to your game
- Click on properties
- Click on the Compatibility tab
- Click on run this program in compatibility mode for…
- Choose the OS you are on that the game works
- you are not required, but it is best also to check run this program in administrator mode
- you're doing OK
And voila, normally the game will work!