Laptops, by dint of being thinner and thinner, gradually lose different connectors like the VGA port or the Ethernet port. To compensate for the disappearance of some connectors, you need adapters or even a hub with the different connectors.
In my case, it was the Ethernet port that was missing from my laptop. The wifi is good, but when it starts to disconnect every 5 minutes, we prefer to go back to the good old Ethernet cable.
Rather than opting for a simple USB-Ethernet adapter, I decided to choose a USB hub that includes much more than an Ethernet port. Much more interesting level clutter, price level and level possibility of use!
This is where Aukey's CB-C71 USB hub comes in, which is 8 in 1! (But there are others of course)
- 3 USB ports
- Port HDMI
- SD card slot
- Port Ethernet Gigabit
- Slot for microSD
- Direct transfer load port 100W PD
The CB-C71 USB hub test
First of all, an excellent surprise when unpacking: the presence of a travel case! This is unusual for a usb hub, but welcome.
The CB-C71 hub is beautiful, lightweight and compact.
The hub body is about 10cm and the built-in cable is 17cm. The thickness of the hub is about 1.5cm.
The underside of the CB-C71 contains 4 non-slip skates.
The CB-C71 usb hub has 8 ports:
- 2 USB 3.1 ports (speed up to 5 Gbps and 5V/900mA max)
- an SD, SDHC and SDXC card reader up to 2TB (speed up to 5 Gbps)
- 1 USB-C direct transfer charge port 100W Power Delivery ( 5V – 20V 5A)
- a microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC card reader up to 2TB (speed up to 5 Gbps)
- 1 HDMI port, up to 4K to 30Hz
- a USB 2.0 port (speed up to 480 Mbps and 5V/900mA max)
- and an Ethernet port
The spacing between the different is not a problem, everything is well spaced.
The USB 3.1 and USB 2.0 ports are differentiated as usual by the usual colors: black for 2.0 and blue for 3.1.
2 important elements to know:
- it is not advisable to insert more than one external hard drive. The reason is simple: Since it is not a USB hub with a separate power supply, in case of too many energy-intensive devices, the current will not be enough to power everything.
- Although there is both an SD card reader and a microSD reader, only one of the 2 can be used at the same time. A little pity, but from my point of view, not a big worry.
That being said, moreover, it works perfectly correctly and at announced speeds.
The CB-C71 hub is a small, simple, compact and efficient hub! In short, a small accessory as we like them!
It's 8 in 1, so it has enough to cover the majority of connectivity breaches that your pc might miss!