Nearly half of software that you install place an icon in the notification bar next to the clock (also called Systray). These icons tells you that your software is working as the antivirus and the firewall or then this is a good way to quickly launch the software.
Except that when you uninstall a software, this icon remains in the systray! Most of the time, they are hidden according to Windows settings, but just to dig a little to find out! And, when we view all the icons that remained, was that a desire is to delete them! Now it happens that the famous CCleaner is unable, so it must go through an alternative!
First of all, should look at if you have a lot of icons of old software that are present, because unless you are manic cleanliness, there is no need to purge the notification area if you have only a single ancient icon!
- Next to the clock, you have a small arrow pointing upwards to the right of your icons and clock
- Click it, and then click Customize
- And there you have all the current and past icons and settings for each that you can modify
To clean the notification area, you have 2 methods:
- The manual method that passes through the registry database
- The automatic method (software), who also goes by the registry database
Like all the tips, I've tested the 2methodes on a Windows Seven 64 bit, and every 2 work perfectly and give the same result. The 1st method is intended for those who want to know what they are doing (but more dangerous in the event of false manipulations), while the 2nd is wishing for the results, no matter how it is done and more, no need to install and it is faster to do it manually. You choose your method.
1st method: manual
- Start menu
- All programs
- Command prompt
- In the window that opens, type regedit
- Locate and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClassesLocal SettingsSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionTrayNotify
- Selected Settingssoftwaremicrosoftwindowscurrentversiontraynotify in the right-hand delete IconStreams and PastIconsStream by right click, delete
- Close the registry and restart your computer
- And after restart, you will have a brand new notification area!
2nd method: software
- Download version 32bits or 64bits Notification Area Cleaner depending on your Windows
- Unzip the archive
- Launch the program
And here it is done!