In partnership with the Levelone brand, a CPL test, the model fold-4052D. First of all, a small word on what is a CPL.
What is a CPL?
CPL is the diminutive of Powerline online. Basically, the CPL using household electric current and transforms it into computer signals. Given that the 2 are all 2 electrical currents, but of different frequencies, these can be replicated and be used in conjunction with good devices. The household current continues its merry way quietly, while the CPL superimposed on this current electrical computer signals as your internet connection, and spreading it on any of your electrical installation. What makes with your domestic electric network, have more need to extend your ethernet cables to have internet in your home, 2 CPLs are enough for this! (Minimum 2 CPLs are needed, one for input and one for output) And it can set your Wifi worries for example! LeveLone is a German brand, created in 1991, which has branches in more than 20 countries of the world and become an expert in what is solution for wireless LAN, Home – Plug LAN, POE LAN, routers broadband routers ADSL, print servers , network IP camera series NAS, Spotlight server, wifi antenna, usb adapter, media server, KVM, Palm, Soho, VolP products switch switch switch, etc…
- 2 CPL 500 Mbps
- 2 ethernet cables
- Operating instructions
- Installation CD
- Extend your home network through electrical wiring with speeds of data transfer up to 500Mbps
- QoS control for traffic prioritization and bandwidth management
- Free configuration of software safety push button
- Simple installation thanks to Plug and Play
- Compact and lightweight design
- Encryption 128-bit AES for the improvement of network protection
- Power Input: 100 ~ 240V 50/60 Hz Internal @
- IEEE 802.3 10-BASE-T (Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3U 100-BASE-TX (Fast Ethernet)
- IEEE1901 / HomePlug AV
- Mix of TDMA and CSMA/CA channel access scheme; CO device generates a periodic beacon carrier for channel access scheme
- Modulation Schemes: OFDM Symbol Modulation on Line synchronization 1024/256/64/16/8 – QAM, QPSK, BPSK and ROBO Carrier
- Frequency band: 2 ~ 50 MHz
- Standby mode power consumption: < 0.5
- Size: 64 x 46.5 x 24.5 mm
- Weight: 66g
- HomePlug AV PowerLine Specification
- FCC Class B, CE Mark, HomePlug Certification
Installation of the Mini-Setup program to monitor the functioning of the CPL, nothing too complicated, it takes 1 min. Simple connection of the CPL. In 5 minutes, everything was connected: an ethernet cable from the box and the & er CPL, it plugged into an outlet. The other CPL plugged into the outlet near another computer and the 2nd ethernet cable to the laptop. 10 seconds later, the internet connection was operational! No need to enter identification code, configure anything, etc…!
You have 3 lights on the CPL:
- PWR: Indicates if the CPL is getting energy. The lamp is lit, it is that everything is ok, or it is off, which means that the socket is dead or that the CPL is dead.
- PL: Indicates if he recognizes another CPL. Just 1 connection, it will turn green. It will be in flashing red when the 2nd CPL will be plugged in, therefore no concern of this side-there, despite the change of color and flashing, on the contrary, it means that everything is Ok!
- ETH: Indicates that the ethernet connection is active or not.
In short, except the Led PL which is not very explanatory and can be confusing (flashing red while everything is ok), the 3 LEDs allow at a glance to see the status of the PLC network and detect any problem or or possibly it would be!
The theoretical speed is 500 Mbps, and that was when my test is 103 Mbps. The 1st thing to know is that no CPL never reaches the theoretical value mentioned (be it the 200, 500 or 650 Mbps) here, the CPL reached easily 103 Mbps, which is excellent speed because you should know that the competition is not better among brands competing, also known either, they rarely reach the 100 Mbps. (generally, they revolve around 70-80 Mbps for a CPL of 500 Mbps!) Also be aware that the speed depends on the electrical system and other devices on your network.
An excellent pack of 2 CPL, ideal to start to use of CPL without breaking the head and regardless of the speed! Everything is supplied, simple installation, connection and use! The supplied software is not very intuitive, or in french, but the fact is that you do use it for verifying once that everything is ok. The product link: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00A0N1FVK let's move on now to the contest! We offer this kit of 2 CPL. To win these CPL, nothing more simple, let just a comment to at least 3 words to this article. End of the contest on December 1 and draw the following days to designate the winner. The winner will be contacted directly by mail. No geographical limit.