Whenever you go shopping, you can see a proposal of new means of payment, remotely without having to insert your card at checkout: the NFC (Near Field Communication), which is a technology using the RFID which Here's a definition:
RFID – Radio Frequency IDentification: technology for automatic identification which uses radio frequency radiation to identify carrier labels objects when they close an interrogator
Basically, your cards have a "label" (if they support this technology which is increasingly the case) and can be read at a distance. broadcast waves are rarely encrypted so that they can be easily intercepted or copied and used without your knowledge! Simply that the intercepted data to be copied to a blank example card, and the usurper can use neither seen nor known… Oops!
To protect yourself, several solutions:
- cut its bank card or other container RFID to remove the chip (even when it does not seem a good idea say it like that…)
- apply for a card without RFID chip to the Bank (too bad if you want to use functions from time to time)
- Pack you want to protect in the ALU (McGiver, if you look at us…)
- buy a pocket of protection or RFID portfolio!
So I chose the last solution didn't feel no mood tinker xD, and my choice fell on the Samsonite S-special portfolio in real leather, which is therefore completely protected RFID and which includes:
- two locations identification
- seven card slots
- Pocket for documents and other
I find it pretty, it seems really quality and all locations make it convenient.
For this test, I played the fool to the store and tried to pay in NFC by sticking the portfolio to the reader, without removing my card to pay for: BINGO… payment did not work so the protection proved effective ^^