With Windows 10, several software are installed basic on Windows 10. Like Cortana or OneDrive, when you don't need it especially. So how do I uninstall OneDrive?
OneDrive, for those who do not know, is similar to Dropbox. It's basically a cloud-based file host. So you send your files to an Internet-connected server and thanks to that, you can access your files by connecting to the internet and server with any device.
Personally, I have never tested. My Dropbox account is more than enough, but OneDrive turning in the background of your computer, slows it down for nothing if you don't use it! Plus, it connects to the internet without you asking for it or activated it!
Unfortunately, Microsoft does not offer to uninstall OneDrive easily…
How to disable OneDrive
- Right click on the button in the menu start
- Click on "Command prompt (admin)"
- Copy / paste this command: taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe
It is now disabled for the current session!
How to uninstall OneDrive permanently
- Clear OneDrive first with the method described above.
- Always in command prompt:
- If your Windows 10 is 32-bit, type %systemroot%System32OneDriveSetup.exe/uninstall
- If your Windows 10 is 64-bit, type %systemroot%SysWOW64OneDriveSetup.exe/uninstall
Note: You will not have any indication showing you uninstalling. But except in the case of an error message, the uninstall went well.
How to reinstall OneDrive
In case you want to reinstall OneDrive, always in Order Invite:
- If your Windows 10 is 32-bit, type %systemroot%System32OneDriveSetup.exe
- If your Windows 10 is 64-bit, type %systemroot%SysWOW64OneDriveSetup.exe